A man worked in the fields from morning to evening. Soon, he went back, finding his little boy welcoming him home.
“Father is back, Father is back!” he cried with joy.
“Come, dear boy, and let us go inside and eat.” said the man.
“Yes! We are going to eat!” the boy laughed.
After they were done eating, the little boy said to his father,” You have worked for a long time, Father. Please go and rest, I will wash the dishes.”
“You have grown up, my boy. Very well, I will go and rest.”
As the boy washed the dishes, he heard a slapping sound. It was coming from his father’s bedroom! Curious, he crept in to find his father swarmed with flies, trying to shoo them away while he slept.
“Father had worked so long, and I doubt that he would have the energy to work tomorrow if he keeps on trying to fan the flies away.”
And so the dear boy undressed himself and climbed up to the table, waiting for the flies to start coming to him instead of his father.
The next morning, the boy awoke to his father’s face.
“Boy, boy!” the worried man yelled.
“Father, you’re awake,” the little boy said.
“What has happened to you?”
” I wanted Father to have a good sleep and so I lured the flies to me.” replied the boy, showing no sign of pain.
“You brilliant boy!” the man cried, clearly touched by his son’s willingness.”Let us get you to the doctor first.”
When they went there, the doctor cried,” What happened to him? What kind of Father are you?!”
“I am sorry, it is all my fault-” the man started.
“No, don’t blame Father,” the little boy interrupted.” I wanted him to have a good sleep, but the flies were bothering him. We are poor so we don’t have mosquito nets, so I made the flies come to me instead.”
“Really?” asked the bewildered doctor.” Really? I have not known such a thing! You’re such a good boy!” The doctor turned to his assistant,” Get me a mosquito net, and salve for the mosquito bites.”
And so from then on, the man and his child were never bothered by flies again.
By: Ireen Chau~ 😀 🙂 😀
- Chinese characters 悠遊字在
- Confucianism 孔子聖賢之道-Translated by Liana Chau
- Fairy tales 童話- Translated
- Historical Personages 古人勤學故事
- Idioms 成語故事
- Ikkyū-san 一休和尚
- Journey to the West 西遊記- Translated
- Myths 神話傳說- Translated
- Poetry 古詩詞
- The Young's Rules 弟子規
- Thousand characters 千字文
- Three Characters 三字經
- Traditional Festival 傳統節日
- 故事說唱- 神州任我行
- What Does A Special Education Teacher Do To Help?
- How To Complete Special Education Teacher Training
- Meet The Special Education Teacher Requirements
- Satisfy The Special Education Teacher Job Description
- Cope With Special Education Teacher Interview Questions
- How To Gain Special Education Teacher Certification
- Become A Special Education Teacher Assistant
- How Special Education Resources Assist Teachers
- Special Education Online Degree Gives You A New Career
- Make Special Education Degree Programs Work For You